Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company - Printing and Packaging Jobs:
The Packaging Industry healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS!
Provide oversight and leadership in assigned departments. Ensure the timely production of quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations. Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost (e.g., downtime, make-readies, run speed and waste). Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with SOPs, work instructions and GMPs. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision and demonstrate support of the company's core processes. Responsible for day-to-day management of the production floor, including paper tube winding lines, label/recutting machines and finishing operations, including achieving production goals, managing performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict.
How you will impact WestRock:
Ensures assigned departments meet production and quality goals on a daily basis.
Identifies, documents, and drives departmental metrics for Productivity, Safety, Quality, Waste, and any other metrics required by the company.
Ensures staffing is appropriate to meet workload requirements and productivity standards.
Manages supervisory performance by setting goals and consistently holding supervisors accountable for meeting performance standards; conducts on-time performance reviews of direct reports.
Ensures direct reports have professional development plans and that those plans are executed in the time frames specified.
Ensures training in Safety, GMPs, SOPs and Quality systems rules and procedures.is conducted by the appropriate individuals.
Ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures.
Functions well in a fast-paced environment; manages competing priorities.
Makes sound operational decisions.
Understands the functions and capabilities of various departments and uses those resources effectively.
Navigates well through other departments.
Leads efforts and sets an example to analyze root causes and solves problems effectively and in a timely manner.
Uses data to improve productivity.
Leads, motivates, and inspires individual workers and teams.
Manages conflict effectively.
Owns issues and problems, seeing them through to resolution.
Identifies with and supports company leadership and company decisions.
Ensures that employees are cross-trained and given opportunities to continually learn new things.
Ensures that employees are being recognized appropriately for good performance.
Builds collaborative relationships within the organization.
Ensures that potential safety problems are resolved and that safety audits are responded to appropriately and in a timely fashion.
Ensures that both internal and external corrective actions are appropriately addressed.
Communicates effectively with Managers and Supervisors.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.; Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent in related field is preferred.
- Spanish speaking ability, a plus.
- Must have a minimum 10 years' manufacturing experience; tube and core production and/or rigid packaging experience strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' supervisory experience.
- Must have advanced computer skills; must be completely proficient in the use of basic computer software and willing and able to learn additional software. Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to foster teamwork and motivate individual performers.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels, within the organization and outside the organization.
- Must have knowledge of or be able to quickly learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be process-oriented.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Must have math and measurement skills to understand, track, analyze and report on operating metrics.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.