About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
General Production Laborer - Battle Creek, MI
177 Angell Street
Battle Creek, Michigan, 49037
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
- Employee must understand and utilize all safety requirements of job junctions, in addition to use all required PPE during job tasks. Position requires full knowledge of safety eStops, proper care and operation of the equipment (including LOTO, fall protection and JHA for position). Employee must follow standard work procedures and safe work practices/procedures. Additional duties include:
- Pre-use truck inspection
- Enter and use work data on a computer
- Utilize proper handling techniques for probe truck, fork lift and other moving equipment
- Able to work and communicate effectively in team environment
- Able to work bottom job in various areas of the mill and rotate shifts as needed.
- Maintains proper housekeeping
- Adheres to all mill rules. Is reliable and dependable and is available for work in all areas of the facilities
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Summary of essential job functions
- Willing and able to adhere to mill rules in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Effectively and safety operate various pieces of moving equipment
- Able to operate in heavy manufacturing site, lift up to 50 pounds and work variable schedule and overtime as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be willing to work in a nonsmoking facility
- Must be able to perform basic math, effectively operate computers
- Must be able to able to work effectively in a team environment
- Heavy manufacturing facility which could involve sitting, standing, walking, working overhead, grasping, pulling, pushing, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting (up to 50 pounds) for long periods throughout the day.
Position includes a competitive benefit package.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.