WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Utility worker works on the Production floor responsible for assisting machine operators with various duties.
How you will impact WestRock:*Stack corrugated off machines;
*Stack bundled corrugated boxes in proper style bale and per instructions on job tickets
*Prepare bottom sheets and tie sheets to the correct size and bring to the machines
*Prepare load tags per instructions and attach to loads
*Understand pallet identification and load count
*Observe quality guidelines
*Push/pull bales of corrugated on conveyors
*Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping
*Assist as needed in all areas of production and perform other duties as assigned.
*Perform data entry into terminal / PC.
*Follow / interpret written instruction
Meet safety work requirements
Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
* Must be able to perform long hours of repetitious work
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. to retrieve corrugated bundles by grasping
* Must be able to twist and bend repetitively, in both directions
* Must be able to reach above shoulders, squat, kneel, and climb stairs throughout the entire day to retrieve/carry moderate loads, and to do whatever else is needed
* Must be able to be flexible to accomplish other duties, not all inclusive, such as painting, housekeeping, assisting in other areas throughout the day
* Must be able to withstand varying degrees of humidity and heat
* Must be able to work in an atmosphere that may contain paper dust and possible propane fumes from trucks
* Must be willing to work overtime up to 12 hours, as needed
* Previous production manufucting experience desiraable
* Ability to read, write and understand mathematics at a high school level
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled