WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The stacker operator works on the Production floor responsible for stack corrugated off machines by stacking bundled corrugated boxes, prepares bottom sheets, Prepares load tags, and observes quality of product.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Stack bundled corrugated boxes in proper style bale and per instructions on job tickets
* Prepare load tags per instructions and attach to loads
* Understand pallet identification and load count
* Observe quality guidelines.
* Push/pull bales of corrugated on conveyors
* Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping
* Assist as needed in all areas of production and perform other duties as assigned.
* Perform data entry into terminal / PC.
* Follow / interpret written instruction.
* You may be needed for other duties, not all inclusive, such as painting, housekeeping, assisting in other areas throughout the day.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
* High School, GED or Equivalent abilities in reading, writing and math skills
Previous Work Experience
A minimum one year manufacturing and production experience plus:
* Ability to use a computer to read and understand instructions and input data as needed
* Ability to follow and interpret written instructions
* Comply with all company policies including safety and maintaining good housekeeping practices
* Must be able to perform long hours of repetitious work
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and to retrieve corrugated bundles by grasping.
* Must be able to twist and bend repetitively
* Must be able to reach above shoulders, squat, kneel and climb stairs throughout the entire day to retrieve and/or carry loads
* Must be able to withstand varying degrees of humidity and heat in the summer on production floor and cold in the winter months.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled