WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Press Assistant#1 is responsible for assisting the Operator with all aspects of the setup of the machine, inspection of raw materials, raw material counts, keeping raw materials in the feed section of the machine, operation of the machine while the Operator is not available, factory ticket completion, entering work data in the Production Data Entry Computer, and personal safety.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Keeping a SAFE and CLEAN work environment
* Physical manipulation and setup of machine parts
* Monitor acceptable raw materials product quality
* Maintaining acceptable production levels
* Raw material waste counts
* Documentation of non-conforming raw material
* Communicate maintenance related needs with the maintenance department through Operator
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
* Basic math skills
* Read English as it applies to the position
* Verbally communicate in English as it applies to the position
* Write in English as it applies to the position
* Use of a standard tape measure
Previous Work Experience
* A minimum of one year working on a Press or similar style machine.
* A minimum of one year working in the plant in the Production environment.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled