WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Flexo Folder Gluer Assistant 1 is responsible for helping with the setup of the machine, assisting with the operation of the machine, finished goods from the machine, order documentation, product quality, and working safley.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Keeping a SAFE and CLEAN work environment
* Assist with Setup of order from start to finish
* Assist with Maintaining acceptable product quality
* Assist with Maintaining acceptable production levels
* Help with Trouble shooting and problem solving with the guidance of the operator
* All order specific documentation
* Finished Goods / Waste counts
* Document and be accountable for non-conforming product
* Communicate maintenance related needs with the maintenance department through Supervisor
* Work closely with the lead operator and follow instructions
* Work closely with the production team as well as maintain excellent communication with the team
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
* High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
* Basic math skills
* Read English
* Verbally communicate in English
* Write in English
* Use of a standard tape measure
Previous Work Experience
* External Applicants: A minimum of one year production manufacturing experince.
* Internal Applicants: A minimum of one year with the company and written approval from two of the Supervisors and the Production Manager are required to be considered for this position.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled