WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Responsible for all activities associated with running the Double Backer machine including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Check wet end lineups to verify correct roll stock is received and used.
* Put rolls of paper in mill roll stands ensuring proper size and grade of paper to be run and make splices and paper changes as necessary.
* Make adjustments during runs for tension, alignment, adhesion, and warp control.
* Trim only the necessary amount of paper from the rolls when preparing for splices.
* Remove roll stock from the machine when necessary and mark the proper size, grade, diameter, and lineal footage on the roll and place core plugs in each end of the buttrolls.
* Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the Double Backer at available capacity and speed in line with those of the corrugator.
* Clean starch pans, metering rolls, and glue rolls when necessary.
* Keep the Double Backer area clean.
* Turn in maintenance work orders to supervisor for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
* Take all paper off of cores of stub rolls.
* Assist the Corrugator Operator as necessary.
* Assist in the training of Utility personell.
* Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
* Additional duties may be assigned
What you need to succeed:
High School Diploma or GED or equivelent math, english, and writing skills.
Prior work experience the the corrugated industry preferred or experience in manufacturing production operating large production equipment. In addition, we are seeking candidates with:
* Six months' expreince on the dry end of the corrugator preferred.
* Ability to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurements, folume and rate
* Ability to apply concepts of high school mathematics
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or graphic form
* Abilty to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations
* Working knowledge of product layouts and productin specs
* Experience with product quality specifications and safety standards
* Must be able to lift 30 - 50 lbs.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled