WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This role is responsible for all activities associated with running the flat bed platen die cutters including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Set-up die cutters in accordance with proper setup techniques.
* Ensure all bolts on cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
* Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
* Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to loose liner, warp, correct size, and proper scoring.
* Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
* Train and assist Stacker Personnel with job duties on the machine.
* Cross train on other machines.
* Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
* Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
* Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
* Additional duties may be assigned by management.
What you need to succeed:
* High School Diploma or equivelent GED or work experience
* Ability to read and write in order to follow instructions a complete documentation
* Entry level mathmatic skills required with the ability to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
* Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
* Ability to apply common sense undertadig to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or graphic form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations
* Six months experience in Finishing Department preferred
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled