About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Corrugator Supervisor - Athens, AL
1720 Wilkinson Street
Athens, Alabama, 35611
The Corrugator Supervisor for our sheet feeder plant in Athens, AL will be responsible for the overall safe operations of their assigned department to include, but not limited to, safety, employee development, housekeeping, maintenance, production, customer satisfaction, quality, planning and scheduling. The Corrugator Supervisor serves as a key member of the supervisory leadership team. The Corrugator Supervisor assists in development and evaluation of data and makes recommendations for process improvements.
How you will impact WestRock
• Establishing and upholding a work environment dedicated to trust and respect.
• Driving business results. Making data-based decisions at every level.
• Empowering and engaging operators and subordinates.
• Doing the right thing for WestRock – every time, all the time.
• Satisfying our customers.
• Setting vision and establishing objectives for the department.
• Relentlessly driving continuous improvements in safety, production, compliance, maintenance, housekeeping, employee development, and customer satisfaction and quality.
What you need to succeed
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting as a Corrugator Supervisor (preferred) or Team Lead (minimum). Good maintenance background very helpful.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be willing to “seek perfection” and can get others to follow in this direction.
• Must be proactive.
• Must have corrugator supervisory experience preferably on the BHS 98” corrugator.
• Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with and influence all levels.
• Ability to effectively conduct meetings and training sessions.
• Computer literate with Microsoft Suite and other office equipment.
• Possess working knowledge of SPC (Statistical process control).
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to multi-task and handle several issues at one time.
• Ability to make independent, effective decisions.
• Must be willing to work 2nd shift, 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.