About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Plant Superintendent - Adams, WI
201 West Grove St
Adams, Wisconsin, 53910
The Production Superintendent position directs and coordinates, through direct report supervisory personnel, manufacturing activities utilizing their knowledge of product function, production methods, manufacturing processes and machine capabilities.
How You will impact WestRock
· Aggressively support Performance Excellence. Work with the PE Steering Team to ensure that the DMS (Daily Management System) is optimized.
· Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products consistent with effective operations and cost factors
· Coordinate production activities with procurement (production planning dept), maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel, machines, and
· Ensure all WestRock Merchandising Displays standards and customer commitments (i.e., Safety, Waste reduction, R&A, output, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant on a daily basis.
· Review and analyze production reports (OEE, downtime, waste, etc.) to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and/or operating or production problems
· Prepare and submit reports as required by the Operations Manager
· Collaborate with and assist the facility GM and Operations Manager in the development and implementation of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
· Drive continuous improvement initiatives; monitor all control procedures, recommending improvements to the Operations Manager as appropriate
· Revise production schedules and priorities as needed as a result of equipment failure, operating problems or last-minute customer demands
· Supervise the facility’s production supervisors; responsible for employee training and development
· Establish individual and group goals and accountabilities and evaluate work performance for direct reports; review and approve performance evaluations for indirect reports
· Build an effective partnership with plant hourly employees in an effort to improve overall plant production
· Handle employee relations issues in accordance with Divisional and Corporate policies and procedures; participate in the recruitment and selection of manufacturing personnel
· Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the department; assure compliance with OSHA and WestRock regulations and guidelines
What You need to succeed
· High school diploma or GED and technical certification and five (5) years prior supervisory and industry experience is required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· The Production Superintendent position requires good oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. The position also requires strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to apply
innovative solutions and to think creatively in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.