WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Technician, 3rd Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Patchogue, NY
Quality Technician – Patchogue, New York
The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Quality Technician for the 3rd shift (Sunday-Thursday, 11:00pm-7:30am) who will inspect, audit and report on material processes and products. Provide expert QC support to operations by performing in-process and final inspections. Perform and document visual, dimensional and functional inspection of raw material, in-process, finished product and returned materials.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Performs in-process inspections and advises operations on status of jobs, verbally or in writing.
- Communicates, in a professional manner, the acceptability of product and action for handling of nonconforming product by defining levels of acceptance for quality defects using samples, drawings and/or definitions and ANSI recommendations.
- Sets up and manages sorts of internal or returned nonconforming product.
- Writes procedures for quality functions.
- Facilitates the development of procedures for other departments as needed.
- Provides start and end approvals as required.
- Performs final inspections of product and review batch records to approve shipment of product as required.
- Performs tests / studies for management as required.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of internal non-conformances.
- Performs Effectiveness Reviews on Internal and Customer Corrective Actions. Answers operator questions about the Product Process Quality System.
- Interacts with Managers, Supervisors and Operation Specialists via phone, in person and in writing for quality inspection requirements, sorts, and containment of nonconforming product.
- Provides training to production / company employees on Quality documents.
- Locates and accesses quality records and retrieves specific information from these records.
- Suggests quality system improvements. Clarifies and simplifies existing Quality System documentation.
- Actively promotes a positive quality culture.
- Participates in root cause analysis of customer complaints. Follows-up and records corrective actions.
- Analyzes and trends internal non-conformances, customer complaints, and internal audit results.
- Interacts with customers in writing, over the phone and in person.
- Attends customer meetings and participates in customer audits.
- Travels to customer facilities to train their employees or to sort nonconforming product.
- Clarifies and simplifies existing Quality System documentation relating to product or process.
- Attends meetings for introduction of new product/process.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have at least 18 months to 2 years of related experience.
- Must have intermediate personal computer skills, including database management and Excel skills.
- Proficiency in Radius QA user menu functions and Virtual Work Ticket (VWT2) preferred.
- Must understand and be able to use a Micrometer, Calipers, Sutherland Rub Test machine, calibration equipment, Stratix Bar Code Readers, Densitometers, X-Rite eXact hand held spectrophotometers, Oakland Instruments tensile tester, and Inspection Guides.
- Must be able to focus and pay attention to detail in a loud and distracting environment.
- Must be able to give direction to others through training, motivation, review or feedback of assigned tasks. High level of communication skills is needed.
- Must have working knowledge of gauge utilization.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to write routine reports and business correspondences.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of departmental and company documentation.
- Must understand department workflow and productions methods.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.