WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
2501 Rock House Road, Suite 300
Lithia Springs, Georgia, 30122
LEAD QUALITY ASSURANCE AUDITOR - ASSEMBLY
Hiring for 1st shift -Target Start date for this position is 3/1/2021
The Lead Quality Assurance Auditor – Assembly position is responsible for assisting the Quality Manager in implementing and assuring compliance within the QA department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
· Perform Quality Assurance Auditor duties as needed.
· Schedule day to day work responsibilities for other auditors; monitor work and assure that daily requirements are met.
· Collect, organize, and prepare Quality Assurance reports, as required.
· Issue Non-Compliance Reports (NCRS) and Corrective Action Reports (CARs), as needed; follow up on SNCR’s and CAPA’s to ensure completion of the corrective action items.
· Research quality issues.
· Assist in internal and customer audits.
· Participate in Customer recalls and conduct one mock recall annually.
· Customer contact as required.
· Document and review temperature requirements and Pest Control Program.
· Ensure all tool calibrations are current.
· Assist with department training and conduct cGMP training
· Represent the Quality Assurance department during on site meetings (production, planning, customer, regulatory), as needed.
· Track QA Auditors’ attendance; approve and track Auditors’ vacation time.
· Provide input of Auditors’ performance evaluations, if requested.
· Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
· Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Overtime is required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED minimum.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient Microsoft Office computer skills.
The Lead Quality Assurance Auditor position requires prior knowledge of quality systems and at least 2 years prior experience as a Quality Auditor in an Assembly facility. Proficient mathematical, computer, clerical, and organizational skills are required. The Lead Quality Assurance Auditor must demonstrate the ability to direct others and to represent the department and the company professionally.