84/85 Lagan Road
Quality Control Team Leader
| || |
To support the QC Team Leader with the maintenance of a fully certified ISO9001 and PS 9000 quality system and to help drive continuous improvement activities throughout the plant. Help reduce quality costs through handling of customer complaints, internal non-conformances, and continuous improvement projects. Carry out GMP training, procedure training and re-training where necessary across all departments to improve quality indicators.
• Review equipment calibration, validation, and maintenance records to ensure they are performed correctly and on time.
• Assist with the identification and development of required procedures and processes related to the Quality Management System.
• Ensure compliance with Company and Customer specific regulations related to the quality of product, documentation and to the expected performance of day-to-day activities.
• Oversee detailed inspections of components and completed assemblies at various phases of production and throughout the manufacturing processes.
• Perform and oversee quality testing and final release process.
• Prepare and maintain Quality records for review of completeness and accuracy to meet both internal and external expectations.
• Document, investigate and correct nonconforming material; in timely and accurate manner.
• Assist with the actual work and manufacturing of projects as time permits/as needed.
• Communicate Company and Customer requirements to all individuals effectively.
• Participate in team meetings as required (SQDIP, safety, problem solving, etc.).
• Participate in process improvement teams and/or completes relative documentation when required.
• Assist in the continuous growth of the Quality Department.
• Other duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and Westrock would expect you to carry out any other reasonable duty which you are capable of performing.
Educational and professional:
- Graduate calibre to diploma / degree level
- Internal Quality Auditor qualification desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a Quality role in a print or carton Manufacturing background is desirable but not essential
- Proficiency in Information Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of leading change and implementing continuous improvement processes
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Project management and problem-solving skills
- Previous customer facing experience an advantage
- People management experience
- Coaching and Developing people – The ability to mentor/coach accordingly
- Communication – Ability to educate employees regarding quality issues and respond appropriately to internal and external customers
- Determination – Ability to overcome obstacles
- Influence/Persuasiveness – Ability to influence and inspire others to act
- Organisation – The ability to judge situations accurately and make sound operational decisions to deliver results on time
- Continuous Improvement – The ability to continually monitor and review current working practices and make the best use of resources to improve organisational results.
- Interpersonal effectiveness