WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Performance Excellence Master Black Belt, Administrative Excellence – Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
The AE Master Black Belt is a key role in driving transformational change across our company by standardizing and improving key business processes that function globally and across multiple business units and system platforms. Master Black Belts are strategic business partners providing the link between the Performance Excellence System and Leadership teams to build a culture of Continuous Improvement, support overall business strategy, obtain critical support and resources, execute on a single productivity agenda by ensuring projects are measurable and implemented using the data driven approach of lean six sigma methodology and principles to standardize business workflows and drive productivity results while ensuring customer satisfaction of the world’s most admired brands.
The role will be based in the company’s headquarters in Atlanta, GA, (relocation provided if needed) and may require 25% travel.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Participates as a strategic thought partner with workstream / business leadership teams
- Aligns overall productivity project pipeline with annual financial plan and leadership objectives
- Ensures workstream / functional areas are resourced in alignment with their expected annual business and financial contribution
- Assess administrative workstreams along the Performance Excellence Journey to develop gap analysis and plan to close the gaps. (Better resource management, training needed, identify process gaps)
- Provide support for Black Belts, Green Belts and Yellow Belts to ensure principles of Lean Six Sigma are understood, utilized and implemented in project work
- Coordinate monthly report out of projects to leadership teams
- Provide training for Lean Six Sigma disciplines as needed
- Formally represent and present Administrative Excellence Journey review and updates as required to senior leaders
- Identify and ensure best practices are shared and implemented
- Collaborate with LSS professionals within WestRock Performance Excellence team to improve processes and increase effectiveness for the entire organization
What you need to succeed:
- BS/BA required; Technical Degree Preferred
- 5 – 10 years of relevant industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business impact
- Passionate about Continuous Improvement and ability to make others successful
- Certified Black Belt with demonstrated ability to consistently deliver financial results
- Lean Training with demonstrated practical application
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees
- Strong business and financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L
- Energetic change agent with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities
- Clear and effective communicator at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Minitab, Microsoft Office, Visio, and/or Sharepoint
- Travel required 25%
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience in transactional process improvement and enterprise-wide business transformations
- Experience in change management and organizational redesign
- 5+ years as lean six sigma black belt with documented project portfolio
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.