Wakefield, MA – Assistant Machine & Forklift Operators
Pay rate $17.70 to start per hour
Would you love being part of a team that works safe and hard to meet goals every day? Consider joining our best in class corrugating and converting team! WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you a quick learner with a good work ethic and commitment? Are you looking for a company where you can grow? We are currently seeking Machine Operators in Training to join our team.
- Great pay and benefits. The range for this position is $17.70- $21.46 an hour with shift premiums and time and 1/2 for OT.
- Help ensure that all company standards and customer commitments (safety, quality, production, cost, on-time delivery) are met
- You will work in a team based environment where safety is our priority
- This is a Union Shop
How You Will Impact WestRock:
Your terrific work ethic will make you part of a world class team that depends on you!
- You will think safety in all your work and encourage fellow employees to be safe
- You will be part of a team that keeps our boxes moving to meet our customers needs
What You Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Flexibility to work 2nd or 3rd shift, must be available to work overtime, including weekends as needed
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Basic Math Skills and be able to read a tape measure
- Strong focus on Safety and Quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Offer contingent on passing background screening pre-employment physical and drug screen. You must be able to pass a drug screen that includes THC.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.