WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Clamp Truck Driver - Tupelo, MS
324 Turner Industrial Park Rd
Saltillo, Mississippi, 38866
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you a quick learner with a good work ethic and commitment to your position? Are you looking for a company where you can grow?
We are currently seeking a Clamp Truck Operator to join the team in our Corrugated Packaging facility. We work in a team-based environment. The ideal candidate should have a strong desire to learn all manufacturing processes and is responsible for operation of the corrugator clamp truck equipment.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Ability to assist the team in hanging, splicing, and operation of equipment on the Wet End.
- Responsible for ensuring the paperboard is of the correct quality and quantity.
- Assist the Corrugator team in the stacking, banding, and moving of stacks of corrugated material, as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and maintain housekeeping excellence.
- Flexibility to work daily overtime, weekend work and/or various shifts as needed.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Walk, stand, bend and kneel throughout a shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math and computer skills.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Understands Company Safety programs and Training requirements
- Maintains the highest standard of housekeeping with employee ownership of assigned areas
- Ensures all customer products meet the company quality / packaging specifications, thus having maximum likelihood to meet their expectations
- Fully focused and engaged in all aspects of designated responsibility.
- Ensure and maintain current standard operating and troubleshooting procedures
- Achieves agreed set goals/targets
- Maintains accountability
- Experience working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment
- Corrugated box manufacturing experience a plus
- Must pass certification test to become a qualified clamp truck operator
- A strong desire to advance within the facility
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Offer contingent on passing background screening and drug screen
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.