Recycle Fiber / OCC Supervisor - Stevenson, AL
1611 County Road 85
Stevenson, Alabama, 35772
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We have an opening for a Production Supervisor to work in partnership with managers and employees at our Stevenson Mill in Stevenson, Alabama. Stevenson is centrally located between Chattanooga, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama. This is a unionized facility with approximately 400 employees. This position is responsible for the successful floor level leadership of the daily operation of the mill to achieve maximum sustained safety excellence, environmental compliance, ensuring quality specifications are followed and production targets are maintained at or above budgeted levels.
What you need to succeed:
- High School diploma/GED and 10+ years related experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Leadership and Motivational Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field with 3+ years relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to make decisions based on alarm or upset process conditions that may be critical in preventing major breakdowns.
- Ability to select and properly use personal protective equipment according to the specific hazard or hazards in accordance with Company and department requirements.
- Previous work experience in a unionized location is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Working knowledge in: Outlook Email, Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office to include Word, and Excel, EPAM, PI and the ability to learn new applications.
- Analytical and Decision-making skills
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide Leadership and coaching to rotating shift operational crews.
- Facilitate the training of each crew member on the crew to get the most out of training in a timely manner.
- Facilitate trouble shooting efforts.
- Monitor workmanship of the crews and the compliance of the crew to the standards for environmental, quality, safety, and WestRock standards.
- Conduct and complete accident investigations, near miss investigations, and contractor investigations.
- Communicate to the mill staff through reports, phone, meetings, and face to face about status of area, planned repairs, solutions to issues, and safety status.
- Help to plan and execute outages in the Department.
- Oversee emergency work.
- Provide guidance and leadership to maintain housekeeping.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.