Paper Machine Superintendent - Stevenson, AL
1611 County Road 85
Stevenson, Alabama, 35772
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We are seeking a Paper Machine Superintendent to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Stevenson Mill in Stevenson, Alabama. Stevenson is centrally located between Chattanooga, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama. This is a unionized facility with approximately 400 employees.
This position will have the opportunity to demonstrate ownership and lead initiatives designed to drive continuous and step change improvement in our corrugated medium paper machine operation. This position is responsible for creating a strong safety culture and work environment, executing and continuously improving the quality, productivity, efficiency and cost of the operation. The Machine Superintendent must be a strong leader with a knowledge of the paper making process, paper machines, supporting equipment and paper making skills.
What you need to succeed
- The preferred candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Paper Science or related field with five plus year’s operations experience within the paper industry including three plus year’s supervisory experience, however candidates with ten plus years’ progressive and practical paper making experience including five plus years’ paper machine supervisory experience will be considered.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Troubleshooting skills of the paper making process using PI, DCs, on machine, and Root cause analysis.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience within a unionized environment is preferred
How you will impact WestRock (Responsibilities):
- Providing leadership to machine personnel to ensure overall safe operations
- Identify developmental needs and facilitate training of machine personnel
- Plan and control production performance
- Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures
- Ensure quality systems are in place and comply with customer specifications
- Coordinate efforts with maintenance and technical departments
- Create an environment of respect, trust, accountability and excellence
- Empower and engage co-workers to improve our performance and lower costs
- Develop and maintain methods for tracking and reducing operational costs
- Lead safety systems and processes that support achieving our continually improving annual goals.
- Manage clothing inventories and trials with documented goals and results
- Track and maintain consumable equipment wear to measure cost and efficiency
- Develop and execute strategic plans to increase overall machine efficiency
- Track and improve quality and customer relations
- Reduce waste from off specification production and/or losses
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: paper machine superintendent, asset leader, production superintendent, pm superintendent, paper machine supt, pm supt, paper machine, forming, press, drying, dryer, calender, kraft paper, linerboard, containerboard, medium, paperboard, specialty paper, paper machine manager, forecasting, reporting, capex, capital equipment, capital expenditures, safety, purchasing, procurement, purchasing req, speed, yield, uptime, budgeting, data analysis, safety, cost, quality, production, continuous improvement, process improvement, six sigma, lean