WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Operating Engineer - St. Paul, MN
St Paul Mill
2250 Wabash Ave
St Paul, Minnesota, 55114
We are seeking an Operating Engineer for our Paper Mill in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- The Operating Engineer will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers, turbine generators and auxiliary equipment.
- Maintains turbine generator and auxiliary equipment in proper operating condition.
- Switch to back-up equipment or shuts down/starts up machinery when necessary.
- Provides work direction to co-workers on shift and other skilled trades workers when necessary.
- Communicates with other Mill and Power Plant operations regarding unplanned occurrences to minimize disruptions and/or downtime using experience, knowledge of the plant, and industry standards.
- Tests, inspects, and operates Auxiliary equipment for boilers, turbines, and air compressors. Maintains water make up systems and equipment.
- Test condensate to determine whether outside normal specifications.
- Logs condensate information when outside norms and determines general locations of problems.
- Starts and stops boilers in accordance with State regulations and prescribed procedures.
- Ensures that the physical plant is operated in a safe, proper, and economic manner.
What you need to succeed:
- The preferred candidate would have a State of Minnesota Operating Engineer Second Class A license.
- Working knowledge of power plant systems and how to perform system operational maintenance.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires occasional heavy lifting, exposure to warm and cold environments, climbing of ladders, etc.
- Candidates will be expected to obtain their First-Class A license after 2 years of training.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
Rate of pay $35.40 when qualified 1st Class A License
- Comprehensive benefits package – including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401K.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you! www.westrock.com under the Career tab.
- Contact Heather in Human Resources with questions at heather.schmid
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.