WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is seeking a Production Manager of Operations based out of the St. Cloud, MN facility. As one of North America’s leading manufacturers of paperboard, containerboard, consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world’s largest paper recyclers, WestRock employs 50,000+ Team Members worldwide is North America’s largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, largest pre-print linerboard producer.
Primary duties include directing the leadership teams to improve key performance indicators including: safety, customer satisfaction, earnings, on-time delivery, quality, cost control, maintenance, productivity, waste, employee & labor relations and development of the hourly and salary work force skill set and ability. This role will also require the successful candidate to create an organizational and factory design to allow for growth while improving process reliability.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Prior Production Manager experience in the corrugated packaging industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build and cultivate strong customer relationships
- Proven ability to improve margins from both the Revenue and Cost sides
- Demonstrated ability to improve operations matrix leading to improved customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to lead organizations through major capital investment projects
- Team facilitation and problem solving skills (Six Sigma certification a plus)
- Working knowledge of Safety, Quality and Waste improvement processes
- Some travel is required
- Four year degree in Business Administration, Paper Science or other related field. (Advanced degree a plus) Extensive business experience may be considered
- Must possess strong communication skills at all business levels, both internal and external.
- Must possess an open communication style to empower and engage workforce.
- Must possess strong strategic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills with both people and machines.
- Must possess strong conflict-management skills and lead multiple supervisors.
- Must possess the ability to lead through change and using the WestRock values.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, JD Edwards and Kiwi
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Apply online at www.westrock.com