Sheeter Operator, Nights, South Plainfield
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company
Printing and Packaging Jobs:
Job Opportunity: Sheeter Operator – Sheeting Department
In this role the Sheeter Operator will:
- Set roll stand.
- Program sheet size.
- Verify correct size of sheet.
- Verify squareness of sheet.
- Use clamp truck to pull rolls.
- Prepare loads for pressroom.
- Repair and maintains sheeter equipment as required.
- Empty compactor as needed.
- Assist receiving department in unloading trucks, as necessary.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
• Must have two to three years’ experience operating a sheeter.
• Must be able to write and speak simple sentences in English.
• Must have basic math skills and ability to read tape measures.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must pass basic reading test.
• Must pass ruler test.
• Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.