Printing and Packaging Jobs:
Job Opportunity: Gluing Clerk 3rd Shift
Posting Date: 5/2/19
In this role the Gluing Clerk will:
· Obtain samples on a daily basis for all production orders.
· Generate labels used for case packing.
· Compare item number and item quantity on labels to job bag, and checks for discrepancies.
· Prepare Accountability forms and Finished Goods load tickets for each item to be produced.
· Enter Finished Goods load tickets into Pecas.
· Make labels for each item glued for QA inspection and verification.
· Contact recycling company for waste pick up and requests repairs for compactor as needed. Prepare paperwork for waste pick up.
· Maintain office supplies inventory for department.
· Help in other areas when needed: Glue Line, Flat Packing and Sorting.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must be able to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have basic personal computer skills, including word processing and data entry.
- Must be able to answer the telephone and provide information/assistance to other departments.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.