WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Folder Gluer Operator, South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
GENERAL PURPOSE: Sets up and performs mechanical adjustments to folding/gluing machines for production of cartons.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates competency in all basic and advanced folds; straight line, auto bottom, internals and inner partitions.
- Locates items for machines based on gluing schedule for machines.
- Reviews job requirements and specifications, prepares paperwork for production accountability and daily time sheets.
- Checks OK samples for gluing requirements.
- Prepares make-ready, feeder, pre-fold, final fold and delivery.
- Sets up glue system, bar code scanners and pack station.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Maintains equipment and machine area.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience operating a folding / gluing machine.
- Must be able to effectively direct feeders/catchers and packers to start and stop working based upon equipment or quality issues.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must pass color vision tests.
- Must be technically inclined and able to perform mechanical adjustments to folder/gluer.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.