Air Hammer Operator, 3rd shift, South Plainfield NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
In this role the Air Hammer Operator will:
- Set up and utilizes air-operated stripping tool.
- Remove scrap board from die-cut sheets. Deposits scrap in baler.
- Stack die-cut blanks on skids for gluer operations.
- Exercise care in stacking carton blanks on skids to prevent carton mix-ups.
- Push out internal scrap from cut blanks when necessary, using die hammer and wood punches.
- Operate power baler to compress scrap board and paper into bales.
- Operate forklift to move skidded stock into position for stripping.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Inform the stripping lead when supplies or parts are required.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the quality checklist for each job.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, procedures and work instructions.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Ability to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.