WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We are seeking a Corrugator BHS Supervisor / Production Supervisor to be located at our prestigious super plant in Sioux City, IA. The successful candidate will manage and coordinate the efforts of hourly department employees, ensure product specifications are met with a high standard of quality and ensure compliance with all standards, policies and regulations for the safe, environmentally sound production of a quality product.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of hourly department employees.
- Ensure product specifications are met with a high standard of quality.
- Ensure compliance with all standards, policies and regulations for the safe, environmentally sound production of a quality product.
What you need to succeed:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
•Work closely with team members to provide a safe work environment. Make recommendations to improve safety, environmental and health of the entire facility.
•Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost.
•Direct, train and coach shift employees.
•Maintain department shop floor metrics, visual controls, and continuous improvement methods to the manufacturing floor.
•Direct and execute daily production requirements.
•Meet or exceed productivity goals / BHS Corrugator Goals.
•Maintain waste generation at or below budgeted standard.
•Inspect the finished product to ensure quality specifications are met.
•Management of manufacturing employees to include performance reviews and discipline.
•Maintain full compliance of all safety rules.
•Maintain housekeeping excellence.
•Ensure all production reporting is completed timely and accurately for each shift.
•3-7 years of supervisory experience in a supervisory or management role with Corrugated experience.
•Must have high school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
•Any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- Company Relocation assistance
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/