WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com. The opportunity:
WestRock, Seward, NE Sheet Plant, is a manufacturing facility which produces corrugated containers and POP displays. All Production Support positions start at entry level, assisting machine operators and various departments throughout the plant.
Essential Job Functions:
* Lift up to 50#.
* Withstand varying degrees of humidity and heat.
* Perform long days of repetitive work while standing.
* Twist, bend, reach, squat and kneel repetitively.
* Read, speak, write and understand English.
* Keep up with the stress and fast pace of machine production.
* Read and use decimal/fraction tape measure, read specs and follow directions.
* Understand basic math, mechanical aptitude and space visualization.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
* You are required to work safely.
* Must be able to perform long hours of repetitious work such as breaking apart corrugated pieces/pads, sorting and reworking corrugated product or hand gluing.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. to retrieve cutting dies, printing plated, ink buckets and corrugated bundles by grasping.
* Must be able to twist and bend repetitively, up to 90 degrees in both directions.
* Must be able to reach above shoulders, squat, kneel, and climb stairs throughout the entire day to retrieve dies/plates, to carry moderate loads, and to do whatever else is needed.
* You may be needed for other duties, not all inclusive, such as painting, weighing scrap carts, cleaning, sidewalk shoveling, housekeeping, feeding the baler, assisting on multiple machines throughout the day.
* Must be able to work in humidity and heat in the summer.
* Must be able to work in an atmosphere that may contain paper dust and possible propane fumes from trucks.
* Must be available to work any of the shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) during your entire career with WestRock.
* Must be willing to work overtime up to 12 hours, as needed
* Must be willing to work Saturdays and/or Sundays, as needed
* Must have basic PC skills
Preferred but not required:
* High school diploma or GED / equivalent
* 12+ months manufacturing and production experience
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled