Material Handler, $15,92/hr, 2nd Shift, - Plymouth, IN
1100 Pidco Drive
Plymouth, Indiana, 46563
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Our Food Service Packaging facility in Plymouth, IN is seeking a Material Handler responsible for handling and moving all products as needed for the facility will be an integral part of the Plymouth team. This is a 2nd shift position, overtime as needed.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Follow all safety procedures and promote safety & safety programs throughout the facility.
· Support all converting equipment (Forming Machines, Window Machine, Post Folder-Gluer, Shrink
Tunnel) to ensure accurate, steady supply of raw materials, WIP and packing supplies.
· Remove completed wrapped and tagged product from all converting equipment and transfer to
designated storage stretch wrap and or banding areas.
· Inspect product to ensure tags are in place and accurately identify the material.
- Transport product to the banding stretch wrapping staging area.
- Read, interpret, and understand all job Jackets, Spec Sheets, skid tags and product load tags.
- Minimize product damage through safe and careful handling.
- Ensure all paperwork and system transactions are completed timely and accurately.
- Maintain housekeeping excellence in accordance with NSF/GMP Housekeeping standards.
- Perform daily forklift inspections for each lift used.
- Participate in monthly physical inventories.
- Band and transport all skidded and roll scrap to scrap staging area.
- Assist all production and shipping personnel as needed.
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull up to 100lbs, navigate stairs,
stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
What you need to succeed:
- Desired candidate will possess a minimum of a high school education or equivalent. (College a plus)
Preferred 3-5 years of material handling with a powered forklift experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to covert basic math, fractions to decimal, square foot, etc.
- Effective communication skills and excellent coordination skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Basic computer knowledge. Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook.
- Professional demeanor.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment screenings; drug test, physical and criminal background check.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.