WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Flexographic Press Operator, 2nd Shift – Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Patchogue, NY
Flexographic Press Operator – Patchogue, New York
The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Flexographic Press Operator (Pressman) for the 2nd shift (Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm – 2:30am) who will set up, adjust, maintain and operate a flexographic press.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Set up, adjust, maintain and operate a flexographic press.
- Work under minimum supervision.
- Perform a variety of semi-complex or critical tasks where overall quality and/or quantity can seriously affect various manufacturing operations or costs.
- Locate and correct minor machine malfunctions.
- Clean, lubricate, and make minor adjustments to maintain quality of production.
- Notify supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
- Deliver finished material to proper manufacturing areas as required.
- Ensure efficient operation of presses and related equipment performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
- Assist with other printing processes as needed and directed by supervision.
- Assist in training Press Operator I and other team members as assigned.
- Understand all documents pertaining to the printing process and adhere to specification requirements.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and core processes.
- Understand and respect responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
- Support, understand, and adhere to LEAN Principles and Rules by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems.
- Focus on continuous improvement, quality, improved cycle times, safety, cost reductions, and customer satisfaction.
- Work with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
- Operate various makes of printing presses.
- Effectively communicate with and to management.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a press operator or operator trainee.
- Must have the ability to write and read simple instructions and effectively present information to others.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have proficient skills in the use of hand tools.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.