MPS Patchogue, NY
Flexographic Press Assistant – Patchogue, New York
The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Press Assistant for the 3rd shift (Sunday-Thursday, 11:00pm-7:30am) who will assist the Press Operator on the performance of manual and machine tasks in the setup, maintenance, and operation of flexographic presses to accurately produce product to customer specifications. Starting pay is $15.00 per hour, plus a competitive benefits package effective one month after date of hire.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Ensure paper or raw material is loaded into press to supply a constant flow of materials while the equipment is running.
· Deliver equipment components for installation.
· Recycle old/discarded plates.
· Provide basic assistance to Press Operator as needed to make-ready the equipment for operation.
· Assist with retrieving plates, mounting/un-mounting plates and/or cylinders and other tasks associated with make-ready of the press.
· Read work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
· Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and notify Press Operator when malfunctions occur.
· Assure the image is registered from unit to unit and run samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings under the direction of the Press Operator.
· Assist in the press wash up and cleaning process.
· Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
· Perform routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run.
· Perform all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
· Accurately follow instructions.
· Maintain and record daily production, using specified forms.
· Record and amend production information in SFDC such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
· Keep work area neat and clean.
· Open machines and remove/replace damaged product using hand tools under direction of the Press Operator.
· Ensure efficient operation of presses and related equipment, performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
· Understand and respect responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
· Ability to learn Flexographic Press Operator essential job functions and provide coverage as staffing needs dictate.
· Effectively communicate with management staff.
· Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
· Must have six months to 1 year of related experience in manufacturing/printing industry.
· Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
· Must pass color vision test.
· Excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
· Knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
· Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.).
· Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic (decimals, fractions, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc.).
· Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
· Must pass a ruler test.
· Must be able to do accurate work.
· Must demonstrate effective decision making skills.
· Must be able to manage time effectively and independently.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must be reliable and dependable.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.