Paper Machine Superintendent
Panama City, FL
The Paper Machine Superintendent leads production operations on one of two paper machines at the Panama City Mill. This position is responsible for creating a strong safety culture and work environment, continuously improving the quality, productivity, efficiency and cost of operation on a Linerboard or Fluff Pulp Machine. The Machine Superintendent must be a proven leader, with a strong knowledge of the paper making process, paper machines, supporting equipment and paper making skills.
The position reports to the Paper Department Manager, with opportunity to become a key part of succession planning for the Mill.
How you will impact WestRock:
Providing leadership to machine personnel to ensure overall safe operations
Lead safety systems and processes that support achieving annual goals
Create an environment of respect, trust, accountability and excellence
Empower and engage co-workers to improve department performance
Identify developmental needs and facilitate training of machine personnel
Ensure quality systems are in place and comply with customer specifications
Plan and control production performance
Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures
Coordinate efforts with maintenance and technical departments
Develop and maintain methods for tracking and reducing operational costs
Develop and execute strategic plans to increase overall machine efficiency
What you need to succeed:
- Strong knowledge of safe operating practices, including Behavioral Based Safety
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and other)
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement to identify opportunities and deliver results
- Strong RCFA skills to identify root cause, corrective actions, and execute same
- Proficient computer skills (including MS Office), JDE or equivalent CMMS, PI Data Management, Compliant Pro document control
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred (Paper Science, Chemical, or Mechanical)
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience and leadership responsibilities within the paperboard industry, preferably in union environment
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.