WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Supervisor Power - Panama City, FL
One Everitt Ave
Panama City, Florida, 32401
Production Supervisor – Power & Recovery
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of Power & Recovery operations on a designated shift, including safety, quality, production, cost, environmental control and employee relations. The Supervisor also has mill-wide responsibilities for prioritizing shift maintenance and responding to emergencies. The position reports to the Department Superintendent. The position will supervise Powerhouse personnel on shift basis.
How You will impact WestRock:
- Lead plant safety policies and procedures including housekeeping practices. Promote safety engagement among all employees.
Ensure 100% compliance with mill safety training initiatives.
- Lead both pre-shift safety meetings and monthly safety training meetings.
- Build effective relationships with all internal departments. Communicate and coordinate powerhouse activities to support mill wide efficiency across departmental lines.
- Control process and production workflow to ensure safe and effective use of available equipment capacity, labor and tools.
- Coordinate maintenance work, customer, and manufacturing needs
Ensure shift is meeting departmental KPI’s.
- Monitor all process controls and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to departmental quality procedures.
Document and administer performance improvement following the collective bargaining contract.
- Coach and counsel team members to perform to company standards.
Provide monthly evaluations for new hires assigned to shift.
- Lead and deliver performance evaluations to all hourly employees assigned to the shift.
- Develop and/or update safety and operational procedures and training materials as needed.
- Alter schedules to adapt to unforeseen conditions.
- Be the first point of contact for all production operator concerns.
- Supervise assigned shift employees to accomplish daily safety, quality, productivity and efficiency goals.
- Complete daily timekeeping duties, attendance reports, and shift reports accurately. Administer attendance discipline as necessary per the union contract.
- Ensure daily production and maintenance assignments are completed.
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively – both verbal and written communications.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Computer experience – Microsoft Office
- Ability to coach and train employees
- Ability to be an on-shift resource for troubleshooting problems in the process as well as maintenance issues
- Ability to consistently apply a thorough working knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and act as liaison with union/union employees and plant management
- Utilize the JDE computer system for work order and supply pick ticket entry
- Desire and capability to promote within the mill organization
What You need to Succeed:
- Minimum of HS graduate. Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the paper industry.
- Strong leadership skills required
- Effective process management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Paper Science degree preferred)
- Physical requirements: frequent standing, walking, occasional heights; outdoor and indoor conditions as well as summer temperature exposure to machinery conditions of over 100
- This is a rotating shift position.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.