The Operations Maintenance Coordinator (OMC) role provides leadership and support to the Department Superintendent, Assistant Superintendents, and Production Supervisors. Ensures continuity of the operating assets, achieving department objectives, and facilitating sound business decisions. The OMC is responsible for the maintenance coordination required to maintain and ensure operating reliability.
The OMC is the link between the Production and Maintenance departments. The OMC is responsible for prioritizing work, managing backlogs and planning/scheduling maintenance outages. The OMC reports directly to the Production Department Superintendent; the position’s customers include production and maintenance.
Accept special assignments on major shutdowns, problem solving projects, and capital projects.
Ability to progress in role and responsibility.
How you will impact WestRock:
Accountable for an accident free work environment by managing the department safety work order backlog and maintaining a zero quarterly backlog (within control). Coordinate scheduled shutdown and unscheduled outage lockout and tag out.
Deliver operational excellence by coordinating activities between Production and Maintenance by leading the EPAM process which includes: Prioritizing daily work, planning, scheduled shutdowns, and managing maintenance backlogs, reduce break in work, and take the lead in LOA, safety, and audit items which need both Production and Maintenance follow-up.
- Keeping “planned work order” backlog according to guidelines; utilize backlog to schedule daily and weekly work list.
- Prioritizing and approving break-in or emergency work.
- Prioritizing work order backlog.
- Scheduling on-the-run backlog.
- Preparation of supporting documents required to conduct maintenance work such as lockouts and line break permits
- Screening and approving all work orders for asset area; assuring quality of all work orders (coding accuracy, symptoms, accurately described).
- Serving as project originator for maintenance capital in asset area, including documentation.
- Being a technical resource for solving chronic and repeat failures, with reliability engineer.
- Planning the installation and startup of new equipment to minimize the upset of normal operations.
- Work with training resources to maintain detailed, structured on-the-job training manuals for department tasks and jobs.
- Lead root cause failure analysis sessions for equipment failures
- Provide leadership, development, and training
- Ensure company, site, and department well being
- Seek personal growth and development
- Assist other Department Superintendents in troubleshooting
What you need to succeed:
- Good oral and written communications skills, highly skilled in group communication as well as one to one communications. Ability to determine effective and appropriate means of communication.
- Fundamental understanding of mill processes affecting Paper Mill operations, preferred 5-years of operational and/or maintenance experience; Engineering degree or equivalent operations experience.
- Familiar with statistical process control.
- Knowledge of maintenance management principles including but not limited to precision maintenance,
- Preventative maintenance, root cause failure analysis, shutdown and contingency planning, and computer based maintenance work systems; desire to work with maintenance as a team.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: OMC, operations maintenance coordinator, front line leader, front-line leader, frontline leader, maintenance supervisor, shift manager, production supervisor, assistant production superintendent, department superintendent, power & recovery, power & recovery supervisor, process engineer, paper mill, linerboard, containerboard, specialty paper, medium, liner, maintenance, SPC, PI, shutdown, shutdowns, outage, backlog, planning