Production Manufacturing Crew Lead- Orlando / Lake Mary, FL
4180-Lake Mary (SP)
2950 Lake Emma Rd
Lake Mary, Florida, 32746
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Crew Lead – Lake Mary, FL
Westrock, a large multinational packaging company, is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Lake Mary Florida.
Second Shift 2pm-10:30pm with over time schedule 2pm-12:30pm or 3pm-3am
- Read and follow instructions as provided by the supervisor.
- Work together with the Supervisor to lead the crew/team in production department
- Assist with training Operators and Helpers
- Cross-train crew for other job positions as necessary.
Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to:
- Check quality of boxes throughout the manufacturing process run, monitoring carefully to avoid defects.
- Maximize piece-rate speed on tasks assigned.
- Uphold WestRock’s priority-hierarchy of Safety, Quality, Cost, and Productivity.
· Take a proactive approach in the maintenance, housekeeping and overall upkeep of assigned equipment.
· Adhere to production schedule and make recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Report any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures while upholding WestRock’s values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability and Excellence.
· Additional duties may be assigned by management.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Uphold and improve our 1st priority of Safety.
- Offer technical expertise with the safe operation of manufacturing equipment
· Proactively participate with continuous improvement initiatives, with a goal of meeting/beating shift goals around Production, Quality, and Cost.
- Maintain a proactive, customer-centric approach to productivity.
What you need to succeed:
· Minimum requirement of high school diploma or GED.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry, preferred.
- Experience as a corrugated machine operator and prior supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
· Ability to read, understand and follow safe work/process instructions in English
- Ability to read a standard tape measure with speed and accuracy.
· Ability to apply concepts of high school math, such as calculating figures and amounts such as percentages, measurements, volume and rate.
· Ability to constructively problem-solve, maintain positive, proactive behaviors and maintain a safe work environment.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.