Machine Operator- Orlando/lake Mary,FL
2950 Lake Emma Rd
Lake Mary, Florida, 32746
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Westrock, a large multinational packaging company, is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Lake Mary Florida.
The Opportunity: Flexo Folder Gluer Operator – Orlando Area- Lake Mary, FL
Second Shift 2pm-10:30pm
- Responsible for all activities associated with operating the assigned machinery (Flexo folder gluer), including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations
· Accurate and efficient set-up of all machinery (Printing, folding and gluing) operations in accordance with proper setup techniques and our standardized process.
- Minimize waste of materials (corrugated sheet stock, ink and glue).
- Properly operate machine to run efficiently and produce quality products.
- Optimize the utilization of production equipment (Flexo folder gluer) by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Assist in training of other operators, operator assistants and helpers in all job duties.
- Continuously learning to manufacture and produce a variety of box styles.
· Check quality of boxes throughout the manufacturing process run, monitoring carefully to avoid defects.
- Complete necessary manufacturing and production reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Uphold WestRock’s priority-hierarchy of Safety, Quality, Cost, and Productivity.
- Complete and submit maintenance work orders to supervision for needed machine repairs and/or upgrades.
- Take a proactive approach in the maintenance, housekeeping and overall upkeep of assigned equipment.
- Adhere to production schedule and make recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Report any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures while upholding WestRock’s values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability and Excellence.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
How you will impact WestRock:
st priority of Safety.
- Offer technical expertise with the safe operation of manufacturing equipment (Flexo Folder Gluer)
- Proactively participate with continuous improvement initiatives, with a goal of meeting/beating shift goals around Production, Quality, and Cost.
- Maintain a proactive, customer-centric approach to productivity.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum requirement of high school diploma or GED.
Minimum 3years experience Operating a Flexo Folder Gluer in the corrugated industry