WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Forklift Operator (2nd-3rd Shift) - Norcross, GA
4464 South Old Peachtree Road
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
Summary: Handling of Corrugated/Converting board, boxes and related materials. Scan finished goods and take to appropriate location. Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the forklift.
· Operation and care of forklift in a safe manner. Must be qualified to properly operate a forklift.
· Complete and document a forklift inspection form before start of shift and when operating a new forklift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
· Deliver appropriate stock to appropriate machines safely and on time.
· Remove finished goods from machines.
· Maintain neat, orderly, and safe stacks of stock in storage areas.
· Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
· Maintain accurate location of stock in storage area by paperwork and computer.
· Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
· Additional duties may be assigned by management.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Uphold and improve our 1st priority of Safety.
· Offer technical expertise with the safe operation of Forklift
· Proactively participate with continuous improvement initiatives,
· Maintain a proactive, customer-centric approach to productivity.
What you need to succeed:
· Minimum requirement of high school diploma or GED.
· Ability to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift, overtime on short notice, both during the week and weekends.
· Ability to operate a computer, tablet and scanner.
· Ability to read, understand and follow safe work/process instructions in English
· Ability to read a standard tape measure with speed and accuracy.
· Ability to apply concepts of high school math, such as calculating figures and amounts such as percentages, measurements, volume and rate.
· Ability to constructively problem-solve, maintain positive, proactive behaviors and maintain a safe work environment.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· Opportunity for growth and advancement
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.