WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Supervisor - New Lenox, IL
2251 Berens Dr
New Lenox, Illinois, 60451
The Production Supervisor motivates their department to meet all productivity, safety and quality goals. They will be driven to continually improve performance and embrace changes that will help both their team and company meet production standards. They conduct and schedule on-going training for their team to ensure guidelines and policies are adhered to.
What you will need to succeed:
- Drive for Results: utilize motivational techniques to continuously improve performance. Schedule hourly employees and their duties to their strongest skillset and provisions of the labor contract.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze results, check production levels and investigate production issues to ensure efficient department operation.
- Safety driven: enforce plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious.
- Strong Communication skills: Ability to listen, communicate needs and results, and motivate the team.
- Presentation Skills: Conduct training of the workforce as needed and ensure appropriate disciplinary actions are taken when deemed necessary. Ensure compliance with the Union contract and company policy.
- Strong organizational skills: maintain appropriate logs and reports.
- Maintain a customer focus and have attention to details and quality. Ability to make sound decisions that will benefit the customer, the team, and the company.
- Perform other tasks as required by the department manager.
What You Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors Degree or 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.