Folder/Gluer Operator 1st shift- MPS Corona, CA
2577 Research Dr
Corona, California, 92882
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The MPS Corona facility is currently seeking a Folder/Gluer Operator for the 1st shift (6am-2:30pm) who will setup, maintain, and operate the folder/gluing equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
How you will Impact WestRock:
- Makes ready and operates the folding/gluing machines.
- Reviews the Job Ticket to determine the set-up and packing requirements.
- Places product into the machine feeder and begins the set-up in all subsequent stages of the make ready.
- Installs the appropriate tools, swords, and folding devices to achieve the required folding and pre-break for the carton.
- Determines the proper placement of the glue system(s) to achieve the correct final setup and function.
- Adjusts controls to regulate placement and timing of electronic glue systems.
- Programs and wheels into place portable hot melt systems.
- Continually monitors the quality of your production while ensuring your feeder and packers are performing their tasks as required.
- Removes and replaces worn rollers, bearings, and other components of equipment to maintain proper operation.
- Leads, gives directions to, trains, and monitors work of the crew.
- Performs job duties in accordance with company safety rules.
- Performs proper and required maintenance as well as regular cleaning of the glue pots and glue systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- 5+ years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be able to read a ruler.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we Offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.