WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
* Understand and follow all safety and plant rules.
* Understand and follow all PPE and LOTO procedures.
* Responsible for the safety of themselves and other team members.
* Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
* General Plant housekeeping tasks:
* Sweeping floors
* Removing trash from trash bins
* Proper disposing of ink buckets
* Cleaning break room/restrooms
* Run prefeeder (static posture with use of hands)
* Operate load former (static posture with use of hands)
* Retrieve dunnage, ink, load tags, die boards and bundle strapping (minimal lifting required).
* Wash and store print plates (minimal lifting required).
* Hand feed machines as needed (minimal lifting required).
* Sort non-conforming product (static posture with use of hands).
* General handling of product; hand breaking boxes, wrapping pizza boxes, restacking units (static posture with use of hands).
* Operating bale master; insure machine is working properly and producing uniform bales, replace baling wire when needed, (heavy lifting 100 pounds per box no more than 36 inches high).
* Help on unitizers placing load tags and top dunnage (static posture with use of hands).
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
* Cross train for other job positions as necessary.
What you need to succeed:
box plant or manufacturing experience
clamp and/or forklift experience
computerized print, flexo and die cut machines
machine operator experience
2+ years of higher education in a related field
Able to read and follow instructions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to cold/warm or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled