Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the branch. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Responsible for the operations within the warehouse, may include following departments or employees - routing/dispatching, receiving, forklift operations, truck driving/maintenance, general warehouse and inventory.
- Responsible for all phases of employment including interviewing, selecting, training, monitoring, disciplining and terminating warehouse staff.
- Develop supervisors and team leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned teams
- Closely monitor the compliance with all safety policies and operation of equipment.
- Research, recommend and implement appropriate equipment to ensure safe transport and storage of all products
- Develop and maintain quality process and measures to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the completion of all required paperwork and data entry by warehouse team.
- Coordinate scheduling and routes with drivers and dispatcher
- Work closely with accounting to resolve problems with invoices and billing.
- Partner with Safety Director to continuously improve and enhance safety discipline, practices, and policies.
- Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse, as needed.
- Monitor and measure warehouse performance and quality measures.
- Provide reporting to management as required.
- Develop and recommend annual budget requirements for the warehouse, including staffing levels and justification for new or replacement material handling equipment.
- Adjust staffing levels to meet peak customer demand.
- Keep warehouse accessible and safe for branch staff and visitors.
Additional Functions/ Job Duties:
- Meet with customers, in partnership with sales representative, to discuss warehouse capabilities or concerns.
- Work with packaging engineers/designers to meet customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Business Management, Industrial Management, or related field is preferred)
- Must have background in distribution
- DOT experience preferred, but not required
- Four or more years of experience in warehouse team leader or supervisor required
- General fluency in English required, verbal and written
- Intermediate computer literacy required, preferred knowledge of MS Office
Plus (Not Required):
- Knowledge of building or equipment maintenance
- DOT knowledge, or experience supervising a fleet of drivers
- OSHA or environmental knowledge
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: operations manager, as400, as 400, P&L, safety, excel, distribution, warehouse, fulfillment, dispatching, receiving, inventory, supply chain, routing, fleet, lanes, routes, scheduling, suppliers, vendors, packaging, packaging distribution, bottles, bags, pouches, corrugated, LTL, freight, DOT, inventory control, inventory management