WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Feeder Packer - Mebane, NC
7411 Oakwood St Extension, PO Box 408
Mebane, North Carolina, 27302
WestRock is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Consumer & Office Products, and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications (Dosepak®, and Shellpak®packaging) and their busy schedules (AT-A-GLANCE® and Day Runner®). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life. No matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
- Make up corrugated boxes and place product in box for shipment.
- Check job specifications to materials in use.
- Place cartons in feed maintaining proper stack height and carton direction.
- Change pallets and/or loads.
- Pack product as per packing specifications.
- Perform quality inspection of material to ensure product quality to the customer.
- Assure completion of necessary documentation.
- Assist operator in maintaining production and quality.
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager, supervisor, lead person, press operator.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Stand up to 12 hours per day.
- Use hands for simple and power grasping as well as push and pull.
- Use a hand operated pallet jack to move pallets of material.
- Attention to fine detail with printing, cutting and gluer issues.
- Communicate effectively using written as well as verbal communication.
- Work in a high performing team environment and communicate frequently and effectively with peers, supervisors and managers.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive and physical tasks for extended periods of time (twisting, bending, walking, standing, etc.)
- Wear necessary personal protective equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hair nets, steel toed shoes etc.)
- Availability to work additional hours above regular scheduled shift to cover for absences or vacation days.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skill, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion
are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled Veterans.