WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Hort Copy Editor - Seasonal
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
Career Opportunity: Proofread and edit product copy and layout to ensure accuracy and improve overall quality.
How you will impact WestRock
- Proofreads created products to ensure accuracy against provided materials including Horticultural copy (plant tags, adhesive labels, posters, banners, cards, listers, fliers and catalogs), Advertising copy (promotional fliers, press releases, newsletters, listers, catalogs, classified ads, Web site materials, etc.), design and reference books.
- Verifies copy and layout are correct in terms of spelling, grammar, typeface, size/style, line spacing, layout and printing specifications, and correcting mechanical errors detected.
- Edits newly created copy and layouts as assigned for sense, readability, consistency, style and conformity to automation requirements.
- Drafts Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum Associate’s degree (AA) with a focus on English studies from an accredited college or university.
- Six-twelve months' related experience.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel preferred.
- Able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.