WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
3rd Shift SLI Press Operator - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Produce high quality Pixies and Stik-Stakes and fill in as needed on the Sanki U.V. Letterpress.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Sets up and operates the printing press to produce Pixies, Stik-Stakes, and other products as needed while following all quick change plans (SMED).
Oversees quality of product coming off of the press such as color, quantity, print defects, ink adhesion, and bar-code as the last quality check before bindery.
Performs preventative and other maintenance as needed.
Completes necessary paperwork such as time-sheets, stock chasers, job tickets, etc.
Instructs and oversees Press-Helper.
Oversees teamwork throughout the department by being involved in team meetings and being an exemplar of appropriate attitude and respect.
Maintains clean and organized work according to the 5-Basics of Lean Processes.
Complies with SOP’s and GMP’s.
Performs quality checks and line clearances for other operators.
Maintains and cares for tooling.
Does utility and operates as a Press Assistant as needed.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- One-year certificate from a college or technical school, preferred.
- Six months’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have the ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and series of numbers.
- Must be able to write, read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform intermediate algebra dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Must have working knowledge of hoist operation and roll lifter.
- Must be able to use hand tools such as allen wrenches, crescent wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, rubber mallets, etc.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must achieve acceptable score on mechanical aptitude test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.