WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
3rd Shift Utility Worker - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing Facility is seeking a Utility Worker who will keep the Folder/Gluer supplied with all materials needed to complete job and maintain a clean orderly work area.
How you will impact WestRock
- Stages jobs according to die and due dates.
- Ensures skids and shipper boxes are ready for staged jobs.
- Makes labels for staged jobs.
- Takes away finished skids and organizes them according to ship dates.
- Makes notes on flow chart when job is completed.
- Moves tags on schedule board.
- Stacks finished boxes on proper skid and label boxes.
- Checks inventory of shipper boxes, chipboard box tape and glue. Restocks as needed.
- Sweeps and dusts folder/gluer area.
- Operates motorized lifts.
- Double checks label and paperwork on finished product.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Six months’ work experience preferred.
- Ability to appropriately use hand tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test required.
- Ability to disassemble a glue pot, clean it, and reassemble it.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.