WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
3rd Shift Emmeci Helper - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing Facility is seeking an Emmeci Helper who will keep production machines well stocked with all supply items and everything necessary to complete jobs in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area.
How you will impact WestRock
- Counts labeled cartons of the Emmeci.
- Inspects for quality.
- Ensures an ample supply of materials at each machine throughout the shift.
- Performs general housekeeping as needed.
- Sweeps floors, dusts, mops, and cleans around press area.
- Assists with shipping.
- Puts away incoming supply items as needed.
- Delivers orders to DPC shipping as requested.
- Assists operator with maintaining equipment as needed.
- Learns Operator duties and fills in for Emmeci Operator as needed.
- Feeds boxes and stacks skids as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 3-6 months’ work experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to count and measure accurately.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have knowledge of or be able to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform routine duties with minimal supervision.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.