WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
2nd Shift Shipping Clerk - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing facility is seeking a Shipping Clerk responsible for providing customer satisfaction both
internally and externally by filling orders promptly and accurately. Ensure
customers’ arrival dates are met by determining the best method of shipping.
Ensure product is stacked properly to ensure a quality shipment.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Pulls retail, wholesale, grower, and custom pharmaceutical orders.
- Ensures pharmaceutical orders meet requirements for shipping accuracy and guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Sorts and ships fulfillment orders.
- Operates “Carousel” machine system for fulfillment orders.
- Processes “packing lists” accurately for all custom job shipping.
- Ensures all documentation/time sheets are legible and accurate.
- Ensures “top priority” shipments meet deadlines.
- Customizes cartons/skids for customer specific needs.
- Skids pack items for shipment.
- Ensures proper tracking through our “wanding” system.
- Trains seasonal temporary employees.
- Drives fork truck, deliveries, meets all customer requirements.
- Drives large JH truck as needed if licensed.
- Processes C.O.D. orders accurately.
- Operates the scale and skid wrapper.
- Moves and locates product in our “materials management” system without error.
- Operates hand held scanners.
- Restocks upper deck products, stock runs, fills out “out of stock” list, marks bins and stockroom.
- Pulls restocking product from warehouse when needed.
- Loads trucks.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have 6-12 months related experience and/or training.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have experience in Excel, Outlook, and spreadsheets, scanners, and bar codes.
- Must be able to learn and be proficient in “Carousel” computer programs including “PickPro.”
- Must have good communications skills.
- Must have knowledge of loading techniques.
- Must have the ability to operate a label machine.
- Must have the ability to operate the FedEx and UPS meter machines.
- Must be capable of maintaining good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime specifically on the weekends as needed.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.