WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
2nd Shift Rewind Operator - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing facility is seeking a Rewind Operator who will inspect and rewind each job for quality and compliance to customer specifications.
How you will impact WestRock
- Calibrates table top counters.
- Visually inspects labels for defects.
- Splices rolls together using scissors and tape.
- Sets up multiple slitter unit
- Slits down jobs.
- Packs each job as completed.
- Makes core/shipper labels, Certificate of Compliance, and packing list.
- Follows pharmaceutical procedures.
- Sets up the 100% Visual inspection Unit.
- Splices rolls together using Splicing table, following customer splicing specifications.
- Maintains the Rewinder using the PM schedules.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (paperwork).
- Follows procedures to setup and operate back numbering equipment.
- Performs other job duties as required.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have Minimum two months’ related experience and/or training.
- Must have the ability to read and write simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have good color perception and ability to pay high attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must have good problem solving ability.
- Must be able to work well in a high pressure environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of personal computers.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English.
- Must have mechanical knowledge of gears and printing process.Must have problem solving skills--both Mechanical and Computer.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.