WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
2nd Shift Flexo Press Operator OS - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing Facility is seeking a Flexo Press Operator OS who will set-up, operate, and maintain a multi-color Flexographic press including Comco’s and Mark Andy’s, using UV and waterbase inks. Assist operators in the setup, operation, maintenance of the Flexographic Presses to produce label and cartons, and to provide training to operator’s on the equipment.
How you will impact WestRock
Maintains machines and area in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
Manages all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality and maintenance.
Performs in-process checks and quality inspections ensuring product meets customers’ specifications.
Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
Fills in for operator vacancies in both label and carton.
Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
Pulls spec, verifies aniloxes, ink colors, die outline, stock, and special instructions.
Trains and supports operators in setting up machine; selecting aniloxes, ink order, correct stock, die, and plates.
Trains and supporst operators in setting impressions and registering print-to-print and print-to-die.
Completes start-up and end approvals.
Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
Completes and understands all paperwork.
Creates part orders and maintains replacement parts.
Maintains all Flexo Press equipment.
Assists all personnel in daily duties
Supports department personnel, internal and external customers and support staff.
Backs up supervisor with basic tasks.
Effectively communicates with and to management staff.
Follows 5S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have five years’ press operator experience.
- Must have basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
- Must have basic leadership skills required to give operators and press assistants’ simple directions.
- Must have basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.