WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Warehouse Clerk - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Pull raw materials and finished goods to the appropriate Warehouse distribution clerk upon request in a timely manner. Maintain an organized and clean warehouse. Accurately track material movements in and out of the warehouse by making the appropriate entries into the computer. Responsible for the inventory accuracy of his/her assigned warehouse zone .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Receives and pulls raw materials for the warehouse distribution group.
Keeps accurate records of all moves and adjustments for MM System.
Performs an accurate inventory cycle count in a set period
Responsible for troubleshooting all inaccuracies that occur and be ready to explain the cause and fix.
Maintains a basic knowledge of operations and procedures in all Production Departments.
Completes training and maintains license for Drexel Swing Mast Fork Lift.
Handles chemical solvents in accordance with trained standards.
Handles hazardous materials in accordance with trained standards.
Performs other job duties as needed.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Must be able to answer the telephone and provide information/assistance to customers.
- Must have working knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including, but not limited to, telephone communication, office systems and record keeping.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.