WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Flexo Label Press Operator- Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing Facility is seeking a Flexo Press Operator who will set up, operate, and maintain a multi color Flexographic press including Comco’s, Mark Andy’s, and Webtrons, using UV waterbase inks. Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality and maintenance.
How you will impact WestRock
- Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
- Pulls job tickets and verifies stock, inks, and dies are available and used as specified.
- Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
- Pulls spec, verifies aniloxes, ink colors, die outline, stock, and special instructions.
- Sets up machine; installs aniloxes, inks, correct stock, die, and plates.
- Sets impressions and registers print-to-print and print-to-die.
- Completes all start-up checks, verifies scan ability of bar code, and gets start approval.
- Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
- Finishes job by verifying end to start approval.
- Closes out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with product.
- Performs general maintenance to press.
- Follows 6S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have at least 6 months of Flexo printing experience.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and perform preventive maintenance on press.
- Must have basic leadership skills required to give press assistant directions.
- Must have basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.