WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.Mooresville, NC - Container
General Laborer - Lancaster, OH
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you a quick learner with a good work ethic and commitment to your position? Are you looking for a company where you can grow? We are currently hiring for the positions of General Laborer to join the team in our Lancaster, OH Corrugated Packaging facility. We work in a team-based environment. The ideal candidate should have a strong desire to learn all manufacturing processes and operate complex machinery.
What you need to succeed:
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
• Excellent communication skills
• Maintain housekeeping excellence.
• Flexibility to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts Flexibility to work daily overtime, weekend work and/or various shifts as needed
• Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 pounds on a routine basis
• Walk, stand, bend and kneel throughout a shift
• Maintain a clean and organized work space
• Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math and computer skills
How you will impact WestRock:
• Understands Company Safety programs and Training requirements
• Maintains the highest standard of housekeeping with employee ownership of assigned areas
• Ensures all customer products meet the company quality / packaging specifications, thus having maximum likelihood to meet their expectations
• Fully focused and engaged in all aspects of designated responsibility.
• Ensure and maintain current standard operating and troubleshooting procedures
• Achieves agreed set goals/targets
• Maintains accountability
• Accepts the responsibility and does not blame others
• Experience working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment
• Corrugated box manufacturing experience a plus
• A strong desire to advance within the facility
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Offer contingent on passing background screening and pre-employment physical and drug screen.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, and you are ambitious and willing to grow with a Fortune 500 company, please apply with your current resume at www.westrock.ongig.comWestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.